The sites: www.autosupplierfinder.co.uk, www.autosupplierfinder.com and www.smmt.co.uk are owned and operated by the society of motor manufacturers and traders limited ("smmt" or "We" ) 71 great peter street, london sw1p 2bn, a registered company in england and wales, company number 74359.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is SMMT Ltd of 71 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 2BN.
- Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is contactable by emailing email@example.com
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.autosupplierfinder.co.uk, www.autosupplierfinder.com and www.smmt.co.uk (our sites). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
2.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2.2 For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
3. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3.2 We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control. Employees who have access to Personal Data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with our security protocols and strict standards of confidentially.
3.3 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
3.4 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
4.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from your registration or request.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or from time to time to contact you about some of our other goods and services which we feel may interest you. To opt out of receiving these communications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
4.2 We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
4.3 If you are an existing customer, we will predominantly contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS), but may also telephone you or send materials to your postal address, with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
4.4 If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
4.5 If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form on which we collect your data.
4.6 We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1).
5. LINK TO OTHER WEB SITES
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
6.1 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Schedule 1, Part 1 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SMMT or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
7.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
7.2 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
8.1 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.